Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Hymn

I am trying to be better
I am trying to wipe off the dirt and the fear
I ripped myself in two so that I could stitch myself back together with liberation and release
I'm letting go of what no longer injects my veins with fire
Flushing out toxicity and mapping out survival routes
I am coming for everything they said I couldn't have
There will be rest
Until then, keep fighting

I am a storm in a teacup
A supernova in a spoon
I'm ready, I'm ready
I'm ready to go

I only have the glitter on my nails
The bleach in my hair
The fragile bones under my skin
And the infinite above my head
But I'm going to turn them into light and harmony and freedom
So that when I go back home in my spaceship someday
And turn back into stardust
I can say I did my best
For now, I'll take my vitamins, rise with the sun, and breathe in and breathe out
Live my beautiful reckless life
Accept myself for the messy artwork that I am
And sing, sing, sing.

1 comment:

  1. I literally love this, and I love you for writing it. Stay strong, you gorgeous creature. You make the world a better place by being you

    ReplyDelete