Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Repair

I know you've been broken
I know your heart is in a cast
But I can fix you
I can sew up the wound with the sweetest needle
If you need a crutch, lean on me
Arms around me while I hold your hand
Give me your heartache
Bury your sins in my backyard
No matter what you've done, I'll take it on
I can see your scars, I don't care
I can smell the blood, I'm not scared
Paint over it, honey
Seal the edges and hide the seams
Throw some glitter on your bruises
I know you're wary
I know you're weary
Lay down baby, I'll take care of the rest
If I could swim with the white blood cells and save you from disorder, I would
Pushing your doubt into remission
I'll eat your decay and drink your sorrow
Let me swim in your veins and crawl inside your brain so I can heal you from the inside
Let me taste your skin when we wake up after sweating chemicals and breathing heavy
You can cry in my arms till we turn to dust
Leave your heartbreak at my door
I know I'm tarnished but you make me feel like gold
Melted into the cracks in your heart to put you back together
My home is in your bones
My faith is in your hands
I trust you and your bandaged soul
Do you trust mine?

3 comments: